We are always asked what visitors can bring as gifts for the children, so here are some of our most critical needs which are always appreciated.
The students and teachers are so grateful for whatever you are able to provide, but please don’t feel obligated to bring anything. You are very welcome at our open afternoons with or without gifts.
BRING WITH YOU, PURCHASE WHEN YOU GET HERE, OR ASK US TO BUY FOR YOU IF YOU DON’T HAVE TIME TO SHOP.
GENERAL MOST NEEDED HOUSEHOLD GOODS
Please note markets and supermarket shops in Siem Reap have great prices. Tuk Tuk drivers are also a great source of information on where to buy items.
FOOD AND HOUSEHOLD ITEMS FOR THE 8 SCHOOLS AND FOOD SUPPORT PROGRAMS
• Rice (ODA Central and Mountain Girls Program provides meals and goes through 1 big bag in just 4 days)
• Sauces: Soy, Fish, Chili, Oyster, Hoisin etc
• Cooking oil
• Eggs, protein food, fruit, vegetables etc
• Dish washing liquid, sponges and cloths
• Clothes washing detergent
• Soap and soap holders
• Large containers of shampoo
• Strong toothbrushes and big tubes of Toothpaste
• Hair elastics, pre loved jewelry, pony tail clips love bling!)
• Decent new or used children’s clothing (there are so many very poor kids in our kindergartens and schools)
MUCH NEEDED SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR ALL VILLAGE SCHOOLS
School supply shops in Siem Reap have great prices
SCHOOL AND STATIONERY SUPPLIES
• New or preloved lap tops with good batteries and chargers
• Soap and nail brushes
• Strong tooth brushes and big tubes of Toothpaste for kindergartens and classes (1450+ students)
• Thick work books, English or Khmer style
• Blue and red biro pens
• Pencils with erasers on the end
• Sharpeners and erasers
• Student backpacks - we need mountains of these
• Blue, black and red whiteboard markers, and whiteboard erasers
• Write and wipe education books, colouring in and fun activity books
• Wooden shapes puzzles and kindergarten + age jig saw's
• Pre loved Legos - pull apart/build sets etc
• Boys love toy cars, marbles, knuckles, pull apart toys etc
• Footballs, bubbles, hula hoops, shuttlecock sets, bat and balls, catch balls etc, (they have nothing in the villages)
Donations for government school uniforms (see Uniforms tab) and ODA kindergarten T Shirts
are also a life line for these needy village youngsters.